Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Talk About a Happy Birthday!

World Champions, baby!!

Our club took two teams to Riccione, Italy to compete in the 2012 Fina World Masters Championships. At the beginning of the season, I was a wreck because most of my usual team had decided not to go. There would be no Spies in Italy. Two other teams kind of dissolved the same way, so they put the rest of us together and hoped for the best.

We swam Fuego for our tech and Copa for our free. Other than a couple minor glitches - I totally smacked Sylvia in the head during the beginning strokes of Fuego - we did extremely well. So well in fact, that we came home with gold medals.

This is my first gold medal in a major meet. And to get it on my birthday was just awesome!

When we checked the scores, we learned that we beat the silver medal team by almost 3 points. Talk about icing on the cake.

Here's the video of our gold medal-winning routine:


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not sure if you even still check this, but sis are you still a writer? I was scanning through my Kindle Library and saw Royal Opposites. I'm like "I wonder if she still writes?" Check your Amazon page and saw you haven't released anything since 2016. Just wanted to let you know someone in the readers universe enjoys your writing and hopes to see something new from you.

Warm Regards,
Allie

Unknown said...

Hey Allie! That is so sweet of you! You totally just made my day. I literally just stopped by here to see if my blog was still up.

Yes, I am still writing. I've just switched back to writing television instead of novels at the moment. But that doesn't mean I won't be publishing more books in the future. I was kicking around a new romance idea a couple months ago. When my schedule permits, I'll get to work on it.

Best,
Lori